Thursday, August 22, 2013

Alright, Okay, You Win

“The Lord said, I have indeed seen the misery of my people in Egypt.  I have heard them crying out because of their slave drivers, and I am concerned about their suffering.”  Exodus 3:7

                Today I’d like to punch the devil in the face.  I desperately want to use the gifts and talents God has given me yet it’s like He has something up His sleeve.  It’s probably the gift of obedience, or patience or some other gift I am certain I didn’t ask for and would rather exchange.  Lately, I have been pursuing what I want to do, seeing if God will follow.  (I know, it’s backwards)  I took all the tests I had to take in order to teach out of the state where I got my certificate yet I still haven’t heard a peep about a job.  I was the one pursuing, driving myself bonkers when I should just have Him lead me. 
                It is the miserable times of my chronic pain that are so challenging.  You know, like the everyday bad vs. me in the ring giving the devil the black eye.  Somehow my hope is God can use this misery for His glory.  Sometimes a bad mood trickles into my life and becomes a raging torrent. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQDEdr_fcB4  Yeah, pretty much like this guy. 

I have a feeling the lesson He’s trying to teach is I need to rely on Him more and less on me pushing to get a job when I already know I am going to be miserable in pain on a daily basis and most likely a “Monster” to my own kids when I get home.  One of these days the devil will learn his lesson.  The more he hits me, the more I’m going to turn it to God’s purposes.  He may whisper in my ear, “You’re not going to make it.”  Well, liar, liar, pants on fire.  I’m still here, praising God and I will be praising Him in my glorified body one day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment