Tuesday, October 23, 2012

You're The Devil In Disguise

Some days I wish God would judge me by my outward appearance.  I can guarantee the inside of me isn’t very glamorous.  (Let’s face it, the outside isn’t very glam either but at least I can mask the pain with makeup!)  
My last nerve root block went better than the first.  When I came out of sedation, I felt more alert than the week before.  I don’t consider it a good thing that my body is getting used to anesthesia.  The nerve blocks weren’t meant to treat the pain, but are more of a diagnosis.  I was supposed to have radio frequency ablation next to officially “deaden” the nerves but thank goodness I asked the doctor’s office when they called to confirm because lo and behold insurance does not allow RFA until a patient has a total of 3 nerve root blocks.  So, Monday I will go in for my 3rd and hopefully final nerve block.  They aren’t a walk in the park. 
Encouraging scriptures:
“And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more PAIN: for the former things are passed away.” Revelations 21:4 I am looking forward to this day!
“It is good for me that I have been afflicted: that I might learn thy statutes.” Psalm 119:71
“And he said unto me, my grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.  Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.” 2 Corinthians 12:9
As I researched exactly what the passage above was referencing, I found it was about Paul describing his “thorn in the flesh.”  No one knows exactly what his severe affliction was.  Our weakness is a perfect opportunity for us to be an example of God’s divine power and strength that is manifest through and in us.  When you think about it, most leaders in the Old Testament had some problem, including stuttering, depression, whatever their burden, God used them.  If I have to go through this encumbrance, it may as well have a purpose!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you are going through this, sweet Traci. Your last sentence is a bingo!

    "So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified." 1 Cor 9:26-27

    What I mean to say is that having suffered, you liken yourself to others, and it becomes your testimony- the part that makes you different is the hope you can share despite your pain.

    ReplyDelete